Social Media FAQ Session with Sara Moore
Below is an interview with our CEO, Sara Moore. She was interviewed by Michael Schuh, owner of one of the highest ranked salons in the United States, Michael’s Salon & Day Spa in Centerville, Ohio. To watch the video instead of reading, click here!
How does SEO and Social Media work compared to traditional media?
Traditional media, for example, the yellow pages, newspaper, TV, Radio, doesn’t target a user at their point of need, rather it’s a broad sweep with your fingers crossed hoping someone will be ready to buy when they see your ad.
However, with SEO and Social Media, you are targeting people at their point of need. They are actively searching and ready to buy.
If someone is currently using traditional media, what vehicles would you recommend they begin using?
Well, when someone is looking for a specific product or service they Google it. So you have to a have website, with a blog (ideally a video blog), email marketing, video and the leading social media sites. Youtube, Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Periscope, etc. Obviously, it depends on the industry.
Do you need to produce a different type of content when using digital media versus traditional media?
Yes. This generation wants to learn. They want education. They don’t want to see another ad or try to be sold. It’s different content.
Google is the place you want your website to rank, right?
Yes. 66-85% of searches happen on Google.
What are the 3 places available on the 1st page of Google.
What’s the most important place to be listed on the first page of Google?
I think all positions are important and relevant at different times, but in terms of generating more revenue organic usually is the most important.
- 92% of people don’t click past the 1st page of Google.
- Only 6% click the paid ads.
- Astoundingly, 60% of clicks go to position 1, 2 and 3 in the organic section.
How effective is video advertising?
Highly effective. As a matter of fact, it’s the most effective form of advertising even beating out email marketing.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
- Homepage video views are shown to increase conversion rates by 20% or more!
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium.
Ok, Sara. So, now we know the importance of video. Tell me how you use video to boost business for your clients?
Well, as you know, I’ve chosen very specific services that we have found generate the highest revenues for businesses especially those who rely on constantly generating new business. That’s why we don’t offer every form of media available. Our service formula consists of web design as the hub of your marketing campaign. Then we use social media to generate traffic to your site and capture email addresses because aside from video, email is the second highest revenue generating tool available. So, to increase leads, capture more emails, and increase conversions, we have to use video.
What specifically do you do to get started with a video ad campaign?
- KW research
- Identify top 3 KW to rank for (choose long tailed keywords)
- Generate content and especially videos around these topics
- Upload video with ranking intention strategy:
- Create videos ppl want to watch and share
- Get the timing right: 59% watch a video all the way through if it’s less than 1 minute
- Before you upload name the raw video file with the KW your ranking for
- Add your website in description, write a few hundred words of description
- Choose a great thumbnail (the image that shows before you click play)
- Post to social and communities
- Pay to play on Facebook, Youtube, and Pinterest
- Create an email campaign around the videos – 19% more people open emails with video in them and increases click through rate over 200%.
If I was ready to get started with you today, what steps would we take to get a social video campaign launched?
- We would begin with a digital marketing evaluation to decide where we need to start. Do you have a website that needs redesigned, do you have an email marketing system, have you claimed all your social sites? etc.
- Then we will create a content calendar and plan as we begin writing scripts and content for your video, social media, and email strategy.